The ideal gift for all amateur and seasoned astronomers.
“This is a great guide to the night sky at a great price”Astronomy Now
“A handy and straightforward guide ? attractive little booklet” British Astronomical Association’s ‘Journal’
“an ideal Christmas stocking-filler” The Observatory
From the UK’s Number One Astronomy publisher, this is the bestselling stargazing handbook to the planets, stars and constellations visible from the northern hemisphere. With 6 pages for each month covering January-December 2023.
This practical guidebook is an easy introduction to astronomy and a useful reference for seasoned stargazers.
Designed for Britain and Ireland but usable anywhere in the world between 40Â°N and 60Â°N, covering most of Europe, southern Canada and the northern United States.
- Advice on where to start looking and a map of dark sky sites to avoid light pollution.
- Charts for the circumpolar and seasonal constellations.
- Easy-to-use star charts for each month with descriptions of objects and events to look for in 2023.
- Positions of the moon, visible planets and eclipses.
- Includes a section on comets and a detailed map of the moon.
- Now in three editions: Britain and Ireland; North America; Southern Hemisphere.
Written and illustrated by astronomical experts, Storm Dunlop and Wil Tirion, and approved by the astronomers of the Royal Observatory Greenwich.