Originally published in four volumes between 1845-1852, this work with 240 superlative engravings, revealed the wealth of distinctive Scottish architecture. As well as providing exquisite illustrations to inform the reader, it also became the source for much Victorian Scottish architecture.The architect, Rowand Anderson wrote in 1901 that this work was ‘in the front rank of Architectural publications, and from this position it has yet to be displaced:’This high-quality limited edition will enable many more to enjoy the ‘high standard of artistic and accurate draughtsmanship and the careful selection of examples’ that make this a classic architectural publication.Ian Gow, who introduces this edition, is Curator of the National Trust for Scotland and author ofÂ Scotland’s Lost Houses.Each volume is 264 x 204 mm hardback. Vol. 1: 820 pp., including 168 plates/vol. 2: 876 pp.,including 188 plates.