“If you buy just one guide…you won’t do better than this” BBC Sky at Night Magazine
“I will continue to enjoy ‘Philip’s Stargazing’ as the months go by” Helen Sharman, Astronaut
“Very useful indeed” Chris Lintott, Sky at Night presenter
Now including the top astronomical places to visit, star festivals and the latest on star parties in Britain and Ireland, the new 2023 edition is totally up-to-date for exploring the wonder of the night skies, month-by-month and day-by-day.
Whether you’re a seasoned astronomer or just starting out, Philip’s Stargazing 2023 is the only book you’ll need. Compiled by experts and specially designed for easy and daily use, Stargazing 2023 acts as a handily illustrated and comprehensive companion.
– 12 updated sky charts for year-round astronomical discovery
– Month-to-Month information. Daily Moon Phase Calendar, highlighting special lunar events throughout the year
– Planet Watch for ideal viewing days in 2023
– The best places to experience Dark Skies, along with the latest on Star Festivals and Star Parties
– Top places to visit for astronomical insights
– Expert advice and insight throughout from internationally renowned Prof Nigel Henbest
– The latest on electronic telescopes from expert Robin Scagell
– Complete calendar of major astronomical events, including the Top 20 Sky Sights of 2023
– Jargon Buster, explaining common or confusing terms
– The planets’ movements explained from solar and lunar eclipses to meteor showers and comets